By David Bicknell
Social Enterprise recently carried an excellent piece by Andrew Laird from Mutual Ventures on how organisations can build on the ambition demonstrated by the recent open public services white paper on opening up public services.
His ideas for turning ambition into action include:
* A more robust Right to Challenge/Provide, which should be as universal as possible across public services.
* Easier access to seed funding for groups of staff who are thinking about mutualising.
* Clearer guidance on procurement rules.
* Social value placed on a par with economic value.
* A step change in public service culture and leadership.
You can read Andrew’s piece here
Not everyone is always quite as positive about mutuals. This piece by Paul O’Brien from the Association for Public Service Excellence strikes a more underwhelming note.