By Tony Collins
At an outsourcing conference on 7 July at the Barbican, London, two of the main discussion points will be around these questions:
– What is the role for outsourcing in cutting the public sector deficit?
– Can outsourcing cut costs and improve service levels?
Organisers of the “Delivering cost-effective public services” conference are hoping to have as a speaker Katharine Davidson, Director, Efficiency and Reform Group, Cabinet Office, who is a linchpin in the Government’s plans for a radical reform of the machinery of central government.
Davidson has been invited to give a keynote talk on private sector involvement in the way public services are delivered.
Confirmed speakers include:
– Veronica Mansilla, Project Director, Office of Fair Trading
– Derrick Anderson, Chief Executive, Lambeth Council
– Sue Gregory, National Director, Inspection Delivery, Ofsted
Further details are here.